To buy clothes in New-York is a very good deal. First, it is quite cheap, especially because the tax rate in this state is low. Second, there is a large choice of different styles.
In New-York there are several Gothic clothes stores and each has its particularities. One advantage is that they are all located in the same area, just near Union Square. Thus you can quickly and easily tour them. Furthermore this area is very well served (underground lines: N, Q, R, L, 4, 5, 6).
Here below you will find a list and a description of the 3 major Gothic Stores of New-York.
Gothic Renaissance is a large store in which you will find a wide choice of clothes, accessories, shoes, lingerie, for men and women. They often have the newest collections of major Gothic brands such as Lip Service.
One weakness of the Gothic Renaissance store is their price. Indeed, accessories are affordable but clothes are a bit expensive. Their special offers can be a very good deal. Furthermore, the store is a pleasure for the eyes and is worth the detour.
- Address : 110 4Th Avenue, New York City, NY
- Underground: Union Square (4, 5, 6, L, N, R, Q)
- Links: Official Website – Facebook
Trash and Vaudeville
Trash and Vaudeville are mostly specialised in Punk, Goth, Rock and Rockabilly clothes. So if you are looking for those kinds of clothes you will be highly satisfied. You will find a large choice of Tripp jeans, tops, jackets, Doc Martens shoes and Creepers. Prices are affordable and they often offer discounts on a selection of items.
- Address : 4 St. Marks Place, New York City, NY
- Underground: Astor Place (6), 8 St NYU (R, N)
- Links: Official Website – Facebook – Twitter
Enz’s is a store specialised in Pin Up and Rockabilly clothes. You will find dresses, jackets, shoes, cardigans, skirts, blouses and accessories, but it is quite expensive. They don’t have Gothic clothes but you can find accessories that can perfectly brighten up a Gothic outfit.
- Address: 125 2nd Avenue, New York City, NY
- Underground: Astor Place (6), 8Th St-Broadway (R, W), 3rd Avenue – 14th St. (L)
- Links: Official Website – Tumblr – eBay Store